Event Tent Support
Event Tent Basics
How Do I Create My Event Tent Account?
To start using Event Tent:
- Download the Event Tent app for iOS from the App Store, Android from Google Play Store.
- Once the app is installed, tap to open it.
- Tap the “Get Started” button
- If you register with email, create a username and password, add your profile picture and then tap “Create Account”.
(Keep in mind, if you sign up with email, make sure you enter your email address correctly and you choose an email address that only you can access. If you log out and forget your password, you’ll need access to your email to get back into your Event Tent account.)
- If you register with Facebook, you’ll be prompted to log into your Facebook account if you’re currently logged out.
How Do I Update my profile information?
To update your profile information, including the email address associated with your account only, (NOTE: users can not change username):
- Tap the ‘Settings’ button in the top-left corner of the navigation bar located on the Home screen
- Tap Edit Profile
- Type in your new email and re-enter the email address then tap Done (iPhone), Save (Android) or tap photo to change profile image
Getting Familiar with Event Tent
The Sign in screen logs you into an existing account. You can also recover your password or username by tapping “Forgot Username or Password?”
The Sign Up screen lets you create a new account.
- Tap “Get Started”
- Create Account via Email or Facebook
- Select Preferences
After you have created an account you will be asked to select at least 3 event categories to choose from. The categories you select are the type of events that will be displayed on your Home screen (Timeline). You may change your Preferences anytime by going to your Settings.
Navigate the App
- Home shows a feed of events posted by Event Tent Users in your area. Events are organized from live events currently happening to upcoming events happening later.
- You can share an event on other social network sites, get directions to the event, get more information, and/or save the event to view later.
Search & Explore
- Search & Explore you can find events or users that you might like by searching through given categories or typing in keywords.
To Create An Event:
- Select an image from your smartphone
- Complete the following Event Title, Description, Start & End Time, Date, and Category
- Select if your event will be Public or Private
- Tap “Done” when complete
Featured Events you can find events that are trending in the Event Tent community.
My Events displays all events that you have created and saved for later viewing. You can interchange between the two by tapping either the “Created” or “Saved” tab.
How do I update my profile information (ex. Username, email)?
To update your profile information, including your username and the email address associated with your account:
- Go to your settings by tapping the icon in the top right corner of the Home screen.
- Tap Edit Your Profile
- Type in your new username or email, or tap your current profile picture then tap Done (iPhone), Save (Android) or the check mark (Windows Phone)
Where are my Account Settings?
You can get to your account settings by going to the Home (Timeline) and tapping settings button in the top-left corner.
From your settings, you can:
- Change “Preferences”
- Edit Profile
- Report Issue
- Log Out
Sharing on Social Networks
How do I link my Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook accounts?
If you are already signed into one of the 3 social networks your Event Tent user account will automatically be able to share events to the respectably social networks.
If you are not already signed into one of the three social networks, please sign in to the social network and then your Event Tent account will automatically sync to the social networks.
Delete your Account
- By uninstalling the app on your smartphone this will automatically delete your account.
Photo Taking and Sharing
(When the app is downloaded Event Tent will ask to access Location Settings. Please accept in order to take picture at live events.)
How do I get on the Live Feed?
Once the Live Feed is accessed simply tap the screen to view pictures taking by other users.
- You are only able to access the camera if you are in attendance of a live event.
- Tap to take a photo.
- Tap the Event Tent Logo at the top in the center to return to the Live Feed
- Tap Flash icon to turn camera flash on/off located at the to left of the screen
- Tap the switch camera icon at the top right of the screen to flip camera front and back camera.
- After picture is taking, the preview screen will display a ‘X’ mark and a check mark.
- Tap the check mark to post to the live feed
- Tap the X mark to retake the picture.
I Can’t Log in
- If you are having trouble with logging in tap the Forgot Password and/or Username button on the Sign In screen.
- We will send you your login credentials to the email address the account is registered under.
Report a Broken Feature
Please email email@example.com to report a broken feature, or if you are having any technical problems.
Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback or share suggestions regarding our application. If you would like a response from us, please include your name and email address.